We want to thank everyone who has donated to our organization during the past few weeks in support of our social program members. Special thanks to the United Way Compassion Fund, Anna Quon’s Poetry for Groceries Fundraiser, Jill Edward’s Hali Smiles Project, Joel S., Sobeys and Lake City Works. To view pictures and more information visit our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/CMHAHalDart
Several people have been asking how they can donate to our organization online. Here are our links for canadahelps and the paypal Giving Fund. A tax receipt is issued immediately.
We are still working behind the scenes and checking messages. This is a challenging time but we are “all in this together” (virtually). We have included our contact information and a list of useful resources.
Stay Safe and Stay Home!
—————————————————————————————————————————————–MENTAL HEALTH COMMUNITY RESOURCES & COVID-19 Information (HRM)
CMHA Halifax-Dartmouth Branch
As we continue to monitor developments, our in-person programming and Mental Health Community Coffee Houses are suspended until at least May 1st 2020 but you can still reach us:
- Main Line: 902-455-5445 or email email@example.com
- Co-Managers: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
- Social Program Members can leave messages for staff at: Among Friends Social Club 902-463-2187 Sharing & Caring Social Club 902-455-0072 Building Bridges Program 902 455-6983 Messages and emails are checked regularly weekdays, 9:30am -5:00pm (excluding holidays). Please leave your phone number and the best time to call you back
- You can also find updates about CMHA Halifax-Dartmouth Branch online: cmhahaldart.ca
Before you call 811, visit the 811 Covid-19 Self-Assessment Tool – When to call 811: https://when-to-call-about-covid19.novascotia.ca/en (if you do not have access to the Internet, just call 811)
211 Nova Scotia
You can call 211 24/7 to find information about community and social services in your area. Website: ns.211.ca
Just announced: to help people who need additional supports, 211 will launch Saturday, April 11, a new service to connect people needing COVID-19 assistance with the Canadian Red Cross. The Red Cross will act as a navigator to link people to the services they need. In addition, the Red Cross will offer wellness check-ins for Nova Scotians who are isolated and experiencing loneliness and anxiety
For COVID-19 Updates*
- NS provincial COVID19 information updates: https://novascotia.ca/coronavirus/
- Government of Canada Covid-19 website: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection.html
- Health Canada COVID-19 information line (long wait times): 1-833-784-4397; firstname.lastname@example.org
- *If you don’t have access to Internet, tv or radio you can call 211 (211.ca) for updated information on COVID-19
Halifax Regional POLICE
- Emergencies call 911
- Non-Emergency dispatch call 902-490-5020
- Victim Services: 902-490-5300 (Text 902-497-4709 for hearing impaired) / Email email@example.com
- Mental Health Crisis Line(24/7) for anyone experiencing a mental health crisis or if you are concerned about someone in a crisis:902-429-8167 / 1-888-429-8167 (Toll Free)
Pause Mental Health Walk-In Clinic (by phone during the COVID-19 Pandemic) (Operated by the North End Community Health Centre Tuesdays & Thursdays, 5pm-9pm, call toll free 1-800-598-5270. Call and leave a message with the best time to call you back. The Pause Coordinator will call you back with an appointment time.
Department of Community Services: Employment Support Income Assistance (ESIA) Line
Regular business hours (8:30am – 4:30pm) call 1-877-424-1177
Evenings (4:30 – 7pm), Saturday (8:30am – 4:30pm) and Sunday (10am – 2pm) call 1-833-722-1417
NSHA Mental Health and Addictions Intake Service if you have mental health or addiction-related concern for yourself or someone else you can call 1-855-922-1122 and NSHA Mental Health and Addictions Program staff will help guide you in what steps to take next.
CMHA Online Wellness Support Group Sessions
For more information contact Keith Anderson CMHANS-CBLead@novascotia.cmha.ca
CMHA Nova Scotia (NS Division Office)
For non-clinical mental health psycho-social support throughout COVID-19, visit the CMHA Wellness Hub at novascotia.cmha.ca or call 1-877-466-6606 (Toll Free)
Healthy Minds Cooperative
Connect with Healthy Minds every Wednesday for “Let’s Connect”, a weekly #SelfCare and #PeerSupport online support. Contact Healthy Minds at 902-404-3504 / http://www.healthyminds.ca
Community Health Team (CHT) Wellness Navigations by Phone
CHTs cannot see people in person right now but are currently available to provide navigation services by phone. If you would like to see if a phone navigation is a good choice for you, call 902-460-4560 and choose option 1 (Bedford), 2 (Chebucto), 3 (Dartmouth) or 4 (Halifax). You can also visit CHTs on Facebook and Twitter for helpful tips during this stressful time
Access the I-CAN Anxiety Program for skills to manage anxiety and excessive worry by calling 1-866-470-7111 (Toll Free) / strongestfamilies.com
HRM Libraries: Ask the Library Line: 902-490-5753 for questions about the library, basic questions about COVID-19 or just to chat!
National Crisis Hotlines
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255
- Crisis Services Canada 1-833-456-4566 / Text 45645
- Canada Drug Rehab Addiction Services Directory 1-877-746-1963
- First Nations and Inuit Hope for Wellness Help Line 1855-242-3310
- Kids Help Phone 1-800-668-6868 / Text CONNECT to 686868
- National Eating Disorder Information Ctr. 1-866-633-4220
Remember: Stay indoors, stay well and please reach out!
CMHA Halifax-Dartmouth Branch maintains a more extensive listing of community resources throughout the year. If you would like a copy at any time, just let us know!